The Tau Kappa chapter was founded in 1914 as Phi Sigma Tau (Physical Sciences Toronto), a greek letter society for engineers at the University of Toronto. In 1923 Phi Sigma Tau was officially chartered as the first Canadian chapter of Phi Gamma Delta. Nearly 100 years later, the brothers of FIJI still strive to live by the ideals instilled by our founding members: Friendship, Knowledge, Service, Morality, and Excellence.
Phi Gamma Delta gives out millions of dollars in scholarships to our brothers every year. The Foundation's Triple A is a $250 USD scholarship available to newly initiated members of Phi Gamma Delta who earn a 3.2 GPA during their pledging semester.
In the 1960's, the construction of Robarts Library resulted in many University of Toronto greek letter houses being bought out by the university. FIJI was no exception and in 1963 the chapter relocated from St. George Ave to Madison Ave.
Located at 45 Madison Ave in the historic Annex neighborhood, the current chapter house is a fine example of Annex-style architecture. The house has serves a vital function in our chapter and is our most prized posession.